Research Imaging Study
Are you 45-64 years old, healthy and a non-smoker?
You may be eligible for a Massachusetts General Hospital research study looking at the expression of histone deacetylases (HDACs), which are proteins that are important for turning genes on/off, in the brain and body of healthy individuals.
Participation includes one visit to the MGH Martinos Center for screening and a 90 minute MR-PET scan.
In order to participate, you must
- Be able to speak and read English fluently
- Be able to have an MRI and PET brain and/or body scan
- Have no known history of major illness
- Have no history of smoking within past five years
- Not be taking any prescription medication
• Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown Navy Yard
- Up to 5 hours in total
Participants may receive up to $150 upon completion of the study.
For additional information, contact the Hooker Research Group at 617-643-7811 or ImagingStudy@mgh.harvard.edu.